Thursday, December 13, 2007

Outta Bed

After spending the majority of the last week in bed due illness, the past two days have seen significant improvement. I am feeling much better, and look forward to the next few weeks in the mountains ... as long as I can handle the food.

Today I spent time walking through a part of Kathmandu that I haven't yet explored. It was an interesting walk that took me in to some remote areas of the city, where evidently not many tourists seem to visit. The looks that I received, many with smiles, were that of surprise and wonder. The children are always so cute as they try to practice their english by using the one word they know well - "Hello!" This is almost always followed by a semi-toothless smile and a lot of laughter once I respond with a polite "Hello" of my own, and yes ... a semi-toothless smile of course. I returned to my hotel, cut my hair and bathed myself, before going onto the roof to "shoot" the sunset. I have taken some footage for the documentary already, and I continue to film a lot of what I see. I wish I could post it, but I've had trouble trying to get this technology to accept the photos let alone film footage. It seems pointless.

To those of you who have sent e-mails or just a word to offer support - Thank you! I may not respond to every message, but it sure is nice to hear from home on a regular basis. As Christmas approaches fast in your part of the world, I hope that all is well and the shopping complete. I think of you often!